Monday, February 4, 2008

the loo bandit sees the light


just a super quick update...

felt the need for a little soul work last weekend and headed off to a church, (with several plastic bottles in my man-bag of course!). a few thousand souls (I mean litres) got saved during the first song, (though no one but me in the mens loo knew about it so it wasn't as celebratory as it could have been!). having not been the regular church goer recently I've now seen the error of my ways and plan to attend one or even several churches most weekends from here on in!

a day off spent in some nearby hills, (a popular local tourist destination), saw me find homes for another twenty or so bottles! a highlight of the day was when I stepped into a fancy resturaunt full of impeccably dressed diners, (I was dressed in a pair of dirty shorts, with sneakers and a t-shirt and my first thought was that I'd just walked in on a wedding reception). Just as I stepped through the door, the manager who was manning the desk, turned his head in a different direction and the two other staff waiting in front of me to seat paying customers, (and to guard against loo bandits), parted like the Red Sea in front of me, (God was definitely looking out for me!). running blind, a ray of sunlight (from heaven perhaps!?!?) seemed to draw my attention to a little sign that showed the way to the promised land! Four loos awaited me, but alas my supply of bottles ran out after planting the three I'd brought with me!

bandit counter: 76 loos
yearly water saving guestimate: 198,979 litres

No comments: