Thursday, January 10, 2008

get involved


we just had our first email from a facebook friend wanting to join the loo bandit in his adventures by putting their own bottle in their own toilet.

we'd love people to use their bottles to do just that and even to do a little 'banditising' of their friends and families loos too! Just a word of warning though: the cistern - where you put the bottle is at the top of the toilet (don't put a bottle of water in the toilet bowl - this is not a good idea!!!). And don't force a bottle into your cistern or put it in the way of any part of your loo that needs to move to do it's job!

[the loo bandit will not be held responsible for you damaging your own or anyone else's toilet! Got it?]

if you add a bottle to a loo let us know here so we can keep a tally of it. If you can estimate how much water you'll be saving a year (size of bottle x flushes per day x 365 days), that'd be cool to.

the loo bandit will still attempt to personally deliver bottles to 1000 loos in 08 regardless of how many new bandits join us in our adventure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loo Bandit
I've got my 600ml bottle and it will soon be in my loo.
Cheers
Amber

the loo bandit said...

woo hoo - our first chick bandit! a special prize is in order. any suggestions?

if we get around to putting out a loo bandit t-shirt (with an 'if it's yellow let it mellow' slogan), we'll make sure we send the first one to you amber.

LB

ps make sure you wash your hands.

fwem said...

I hit the work loos today, brandishing two 600ml placcie bottles. The ladies was a piece of cake seeing as I'd already cased the joint the previous day. Lost my cool upon sneaking into the mens though... The cistern had a porcelain lid which I could quite vividly picture myself smashing into a million pieces whilst trying to insert the second of the two afore mentioned bottles. How would I even begin to explain that to my boss, let alone why I was in the boys loo in the first place (not exactly being of the male variety myself that could be quite an interesting story)?! I tentatively lifted the lid and had a quick peek inside, but fearing I would be busted I promptly chickened out and scampered from the scene. Alas, I have failed in my banditty mission. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this loo bandit caper? Well I guess at least the chicks in thisy here workplace are saving some water, that's gotta be a start right? You're my hero Mr Loo Bandit, when I grow up I wanna be a loo bandit just like you!

the loo bandit said...

awesome effort fwem. I'm sure that by the years end you'll have plucked up the courage to find a way to get the other one - even if you need to enlist a male bandit friend to go under cover for you.

I was hoping we'd have a few more bandits on board by now! I guess it's too much to ask people to banditise one toilet hey - especially when the loo bandit has only done 53 in the last couple weeks - lol! anyway it's a pleasure to have amber and fwem on board!