Tuesday, January 8, 2008

birth of the loo bandit: week one

January 1-7
Started with our home toilet so didn't need to be all that sneaky! My wife asked me what I was doing digging around in the toilet cistern. She knows I'm not a handy man! 600ml Classic Chocolate Milk Bottle planted. We're light flushers especially recently since we decided to turn into hippies and save the planet! But even with just five flushes a day (3 litres), we'll be saving more than a thousand litres of water in 2008. One down, 999 to go!

Big old-school filthy-as upstairs mens toilet, (I cleaned it last time!!!) at work that probably only gets flushed three times a time scores two 600ml coke bottles and could probably fit more!

House-sitting at friends place while they were interstate provided ample opportunity for a 600ml Diet Coke bottle to slide into their cistern!

Got busted adding another 600ml to my mates loo. He got suss when I brought an empty coke bottle into his house, asked if I could fill it up and then asked to use the bathroom! Not very subtle - will have to work on the technique some! He's one of the few people who've heard about the loo bandit, thinks we're crazy and laughed! Will check to see if he has taken it out next time I visit and I think it'll fit another bottle easy! lol!

Ran out of bottles! I can't drink any more Coke than I already do.

Asked a friend who runs a cafe to save all their empty coke bottles for me. She looked at me like I was a freak, gave me three bottles from the bin and said she'll see what she can do! Looks like I've found my supplier.

bandit counter end of week one: 4 loos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 600ml diet coke bottle, lime flavoured, is still floating in my loo! Thank you for that!! Keep up the water save challenge Loo Bandit, its weird but cool!!!